If, like me, you’ve been asked to self-isolate, or just put into a straight up lockdown, you may be looking for some suggestions of what to do with your time. I’ve been filling much of my spare time with writing, which has been great for my productivity. I’m over one third of the way through my draft of Mercy now, which is pretty exciting.
However, if you’re not into writing, you might be looking for something to read instead, so here is an assortment of sci-fi and fantasy books you may want to check out.
- The Priory of the Orange Tree (Samantha Shannon)
- Ninth House (Leigh Bardugo)
- Cinder (Marissa Meyer)
- Legion: The Many Lives of Stephen Leeds (Brandon Sanderson)
- Sleeping Giants (Sylvain Neuvel)
- Illuminae (Jay Kristoff and Amie Kauffman)
- A Darker Shade of Magic (V E Schwab)
- Strange the Dreamer (Laini Taylor)
If you want something light and fun, read Cinder. Something quirky, read Legion. Something dark, read Sleeping Giants. Something pulse-thumping, read Illuminae. Something epic, read Priory. Something adventurous, read Darker Shade of Magic. Something beautiful, read Strange the Dreamer. Something conspiratorial, read Ninth House.